- a) All admissions shall be provisional until approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
- b) The Vice-Chancellor may refuse admission to the University classes to any candidate without assigning any reason.
- c) A candidate who desires to seek admission in any course of study in the University must be a National of Pakistan. Foreign nationals may be considered for admission when nominated/ recommended by the Ministry of Education/ Ministry of Finance & Economic Affairs Division, Government of Pakistan.
- d) The marks certificates of pre-requisite examination of all the candidates/ students shall be got verified from the concerned Boards/Universities. The documents verification fees, shall be charged from the students at the time of admission.
- e) A candidate who has passed an examination from a University or a Board other then the University of Sindh or Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Hyderabad, shall have to obtain Certificate of Eligibility from the University of Sindh prior to his/ her admission to any class. However, the Registrar may issue a provisional admission certificate if he is satisfied that the applicant is prima facie eligible for admission to this University, AT HIS/HER OWN RISK AND COST and on the condition that he/ she obtains a final certificate of eligibility within 30 days from date of admission.
- f) No student shall at one time join or continue on roll of the two Teaching Institutes/ Departments/ Centres/ Affiliated Colleges of the University or any other University or affiliated college for two courses of study in the same or different Faculties. However, a Post-graduate student on roll of the University Teaching Institute/ Department/ Centre may join or continue a Post-graduate Diploma course of the University and/ or the LL.B. course in a college affiliated to the University subject to eligibility. A student of Bachelor (Pass/ Hons.) course may join an undergraduate Diploma/ Certificate course of the University. Violation of the rule may lead to cancelation of admissions in all courses of study in which he is found enrolled.
- g) A student admitted to any University class as a regular student shall NOT be eligible to appear at any University Examination as an EXTERNAL CANDIDATEsimultaneously during his/her University studentship.
- h) No student shall be re-admitted without the recommendation of the Dean of the Faculty concerned and prior permission of the Vice-Chancellor in case his/her admission is cancelled due to any reason.
Pre- Entry Test
All candidates seeking admission to any 4- Yr./ 3-Yr. Bachelor/ Hons./ Master (prev.) MS/M.Phil program whether as a regular students or under Self Finance scheme or on sports seats or under employees quota shall have to take Pre-Entry test as per schedule. The test will be based on MCQs.
For candidates seeking admission to Bachelor Programs the test shall be conducted from amongst following subjects studied at H. S. C level:
Commerce, English, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Islamic Studies, Pakistan Studies and General Knowledge (Sample test Paper enclosed).
For candidates seeking admission to Masters (Previous) program the Test paper shall have questions covering three components, viz. English (25%), General Knowledge (15%) and relevant discipline, Faculty wise, e.g., Faculty of Natural Science, Social Sciences OR Arts (60%).
Candidate who secures top five positions in Pre-Entry Test for Bachelor program will be awarded cash prize those students who seek admission and deposit the fees.
For applicants of Mirpurkhas Khas, Badin and Dadu Campuses, the Test will be conducted at the respective Campus.
- The merit for admissions shall be determined on the basis of Pre-entry Test score and the total marks obtained in the first attempt as well as previous academic record. However, candidates not qualify the Pre-Entry-Test will not be considered for admission in any discipline..
The weightage assigned to the Pre-entry test and previous academic record will be as under:-
For Admission to
i S.S.C. 10% 10%
ii H.S.C. (adjusted marks) 50% 15%
iii Bachelor Degree (-do-) — 35%
iv Pre-Entry Test / Aptitute test 40% 40%
v Interview — —
- In case of improvers/ repeaters, marks shall be deducted as per rules from the total marks of the candidates in order to prepare the adjusted merit list. This deduction shall not alter the division/ grade of the candidates.
(i) 05 marks to be deducted if the candidate has appeared second time in H.S.C. Examination in order to improve his/ her Division/ Grade.
(ii) In case H.S.C. Examination has not been cleared within the minimum period required for passing the same after passing Matriculation Examination, every additional year or part of a year beyond this period shall be treated as candidate’s attempt for the purpose of deducting marks irrespective of his/ her having not appeared in the examination in each year.
(iii) 05 marks shall be deducted from the total marks for the loss of each extra year or part thereof.
However, a maximum of 25 marks may be deducted.
(iv) Same rules shall apply if a candidate fails to clear Bachelor degree Examination within the minimum period required for passing such examination after Matriculation Examination.
(v) 05 marks per year shall be deducted from the total marks if the candidate has not passed the pre-requisite examination in the preceding year.
Eligibility & other Rules
- a) No admission shall be allowed to a candidate who has passed the pre-requisite examination in Third Division from any Board or University.
- b) A student of B.A./ Hons./ B.S/ B.Com. (Hons.) Part-I Class shall be allowed transfer from the University to an affiliated college within three months from the last date of admission, but no transfer from college to University is allowed.
- c) No change of subject shall be allowed after closing of admission.
- d) The admissions to various Bachelor (Honours) and Master (Prev.) professional/ quota-oriented courses of study shall be made in accordance with the Regulations prescribed for the purpose.
- e) The fairness, transparency and correctness in admissions will be monitored and enforced by a committee of Senior Professors of the University appointed by the Vice-chancellor with Director Admissions as its Secretary. Pre-Entry Test will also be conducted under the supervision of this Committee.
- f) A candidate who has passed H.S.C. Science, Commerce or H.S.C. Home Economics Examination is also eligible for admission to 4-yr. Bachelor/ B.A. (Hons) program.
- g) Candidates who are interested in seeking admission in the Institute of Art & Design shall also have to take up Aptitude Test to be conducted by the Institute, as per schedule to be announced by the Director.
Aptitude Test is also mandatory for admission to the newly introduced B.S.H.P.E. Part-I course of study.
- h) A candidate who has already completed his/her course of study in a University Teaching Institute/ Department/ Centre leading to Bachelor’s (Pass/ Honours) degree shall NOT be eligible for admission to another or second Bachelor’s (Pass/ Honours) course (except B.Ed./ B.H. P.E., and Post Graduate Diplomas) in the University Teaching Institute/ Department/ Centre.
- i) A candidate who has already passed Bachelor’s Pass degree course examination from the University of Sindh or any other university, shall NOT be eligible for admission to another Bachelor’s (Pass/ Honours) course excepting B.Ed. or B.H. P.E., and Post Graduate Diploma courses programs.
- j) Admission on migration basis from other Universities to this University shall be considered on the following grounds:
- a) The student has cleared all the subjects/papers of the last examination from the parent University.
- b) Parents of the student who are Government Officials are posted within the territorial jurisdiction of the University of Sindh..
- c) Admission on migration basis in the following Quota-Oriented disciplines will only be permissible under Self Finance Scheme:-
Business Administration/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/Telecommunication/ Electronics/ Geology/ Pharmacy/ Public Administration.
REGULATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO BACHELOR DEGREE PROGRAMS
- a) A candidate who has passed the H.S.C. (Intermediate) Examination or an equivalent examination recognised by the University, is eligible to seek admission to relevant Bachelor (BS 4-yr./Honours) course provided that he/she fulfills the requirements of minimum percentage of marks and other conditions of admission as may be prescribed from time to time in each subject. The admission shall be purely on merit basis and subject to the availability of seats in the concerned subject/course of study and clearance of Pre-Admission Test.
Candidates with Diploma in Associate Engineering will only be considered for admission to the disciplines under the Faculties of Arts, Islamic Studies and Social Sciences.
- b) Allocation of seats available for fresh admission for various Bachelor degree programs of general category is shown under each Faculty.
- c) In general disciplines where seats are vacant and there is no candidate having the domicile & P.R.C. from the areas within the jurisdiction of the University of Sindh, then the same vacant seats be given to the candidates having the domicile & P.R.C. of Sindh Province outside the jurisdiction of Sindh University on self finance basis, if the number exceeds over and above the reserved seats provided (Page 24-25).
- d) Every student must inform in writing his choice of the two minor/ supporting subjects to the Director/ Chairperson of the Institute/ Department in which admitted (Major subject) within one week from the commencement of teaching . The Director/ Chairperson will communicate the Minor subjects offered to the Admission Cell and the Controller of Examinations. No change of minor subjects will be allowed thereafter.
The Director/ Chairperson will also specify minor subjects in appropriate column on form sent to him/ her by the Director Admissions, for countersignature.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) 2-Semester Program
Candidates having Bachelor degree in Arts/ Natural Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Agriculture or Home Economics with at least Grade ‘C’ or Second Division marks are eligible for admission to the B.Ed. Program, The Government nominees must have at least 3 years experience as PST or 1 year as J.S.T in addition to the Bachelor degree (2nd Class). J.S. T. cadre teachers with a third division may also apply. The session starts in August every year.
* Bachelor of Health & Physical Education 8-Smester Program
This program has been introduced from the session 2005, to provide opportunity to interested candidates to seek professional training in this highly job oriented discipline.
*Bachelor of Education, B.Ed. (Hons.) Elementary 4-Yr Program:
B.Ed (Hons.) Elementary degree program is to standardize teacher education degree throughout Pakistan by 2018. This will raise teacher qualificaitons to a level comparable to other countries.
With improved teacher education programs and policies, Pakistan will be better prepared to respond to the educational need and aspiration of all children.
ADMISSION TO MASTER’S (PREVIOUS) PROGRAMS
- a) A candidate who has passed the Bachelor’s degree examination from this University or from any other University recognised by it, is eligible to seek admission to the M.A./M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.B.A./ M.P.A. (Previous) class provided that he/she fulfils the requirements of minimum percentage of marks and other conditions of admission as may be prescribed for each course of study from time to time. Preference will be given to those candidates who have passed the examination in the same course of study at the Bachelor’s level. The admissions shall be purely on merit determined on the basis of Pre-entry Test and previous academic performance score and subject to the availability of seats in the concerned course of study. The admission to various graduate (Masters) quota-oriented courses of study shall be made in accordance with the Regulations prescribed for the purpose.
- b) A candidate who has passed B.Sc./ B. Com. (Pass) Examination is also eligible for admission to the M.A. (Previous) class if otherwise eligible.
- c) Admission to M.A. Fine Art & Design is open only to candidates who have passed BA Fine Arts (2-yr degree) from this University.
- d) A candidate who has passed the B.A. (Pass) Examination in English only after having passed the Oriental Languages Examination is eligible for admission to the M.A. (Previous) class only in English or in any of the subjects which he/ she offered at the Oriental Languages Examination if otherwise eligible, but the candidates who have passed the B.A. (Pass) Examination in English and other subjects after passing the Oriental Languages Examination will be treated at par with other B.A. (Pass) degree holders for seeking admission to various graduate (Masters) classes.
- e) For admission to M.B.A./ M.P.A. (Regular & Evening Programs) and M.Sc. Rural Development/Development Studies, selection shall be made on merit and result of Pre-Entry Test.
- f) A candidate who has already passed M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.B.A./ M.P.A./ M.L.I.S./ M.Ed./ M.A. Education/ M.Pharmacy/ L.L.M. or any other Post-graduate examination from the University of Sindh or from any other University, shall NOT be eligible for admission to a second or subsequent Post-graduate degree course in the University Teaching Institute/ Department/ Centre/ affiliated college.
However, admission to MBA Evening as well as MBA Executive program, as a 2nd Master degree, is permissible.
- M.A./ M.COM./ M.SC./ M.B.A./ M.P.A. (FINAL) FOR HONOURS AND OTHER MASTERS’ PROGRAMS
For admission to M.A./ M.Com./ M.Sc./ M.B.A./M.P.A. (Final) for Honours, the candidates, must have passed B.A./ B.Com./ B.Sc./ B.B.A./ B.P.A. (Honours) with Major in the relevant subject. Admission to M.L.I.S. is open to candidates with Postgraduate Diploma in Library and Information Science.
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) Program
Admission for this one year program is open to candidates having a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.Ed./ B.T.) with at least 2nd Division (45% marks) from the University of Sindh or any other University recognized by it. Session commences in August.
- Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) Program
This 2- year (Morning & Evening) program caters to candidates having Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Arts/ Science/ Agriculture/ Commerce or Home Economics, preferably with 2nd Division marks. Session commences in August.
- Master of Health and Physical Education (MPEHSS) Program
The one year Master’s degree program is open to candidates who have obtained the B.P.H.S.S. Degree/ Post graduate Diploma in Physical Education from the University of Sindh or any other University recognized for this purpose. Session commences in August.
- M.Sc. Development Studies & M.Sc. in Rural Development
M.Sc. Development studies is 2-year program introduced in 1996 to cater to candidates having a Bachelor degree in Social Science preferably with a background of Bachelor degree in Economics with at least ‘C’ Grade or 2nd Division.
M.Sc. Rural Development, 2- year distance learning program, of the Sindh Development Study Centre, University of Sindh, caters to students/professionals working in Rural Development- related fields, with a background of Master’s degree preferably in Social Sciences or B.E./B.Sc. (Agri.)/ M.B.B.S.